This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast #2:
What’s That Noise! Summer Survival Strategies
The transition to summer can be a tricky one. Finding a rhythm that works for all members of your family is no small feat. As a homeschool mom who has been running full throttle all year long, you need a break. But is a break even possible? While you fantasize about ice cream sandwiches and leisurely summer reading on the front porch, your children might be craving more structure and routine.
So, how do you strike a balance? How can you achieve a memorable summer without feeling completely exhausted when September rolls around? Cait and Kara are struggling alongside you. In this episode, the sisters talk summer survival and trying to find the sweet spot when it comes to how much to do, and when to pack up your beach ball and just go home. From fireworks and parades to summer book clubs and pool-phobia, the sisters will help you feel better about doing summer your way.
Listen to the podcast:
Books from this episode:
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne
Cait and Kara’s favorite summer reads
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Dublin Murder Squad Series by Tana French
- Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- The Lake House by Kate Morton
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette: A Novel by Maria Semple
Links and other resources from today’s show:
- Mothering a Worrier ~ The Homeschool Sisters
- Alicia Hutchinson on Periscope
- Brave Writer
- Giant Bubbles for Giant Smiles ~ Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Modern Mrs. Darcy
- Periodic Table Battleship ~ Teach Beside Me
- Sensory STUFF ~ Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Summertime STEM Challenges: S’More Science ~ Wellermomma Blog
- The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast Episode 24- Melissa Wiley: All About Tidal Schooling
- Tsh Oxenreider’s summer screen time checklist
When summer break isn’t a break ~ Shawna Wingert, Simple Homeschool
Make sure you don’t miss an episode
Here are several ways that you can tune in to see what Cait and Kara are up to:
We would love if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Do you have a question or topic you’d love to hear Cait and Kara talk about?
If so, send us a message or leave a comment. We love to hear from you!