This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
Keep it Classy: The Sisters’ Guide to dealing with homeschool doubters
It’s never easy when someone questions you about something as close to your heart as homeschooling. So in this episode, the sisters address how to handle homeschool doubters. What can you say when you first make the decision to homeschool? Is it worth it to argue? Will arguments even work? And what about the upcoming holidays- exactly what do you say when between bites of green bean casserole, your uncle leans across the table and tells you that you are ruining your kids’ lives? (It happens, sisters- and here’s what you can do.)
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST:
LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- 5 Things No One Tells You About Homeschooling | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- 5 Minutes to a More Satisfying Homeschool Day| Melissa Camara Wilkins, Simple Homeschool
- 5 Things You Should Never Say to an Unexpected Homeschooler | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Election Anxiety and Sensitive Kids | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Gameschooling: Learning Through Play | The Homeschool Sisters
- Guide to Gameschooling: Learning Through Play | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
- Haunted by the Ghost of Public School Past | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, Simple Homeschool
- How Children Fail by John Holt
- How Children Learn by John Holt
- I’m just so glad he didn’t sit on the line | Kara S. Anderson
- Learning All the Time by John Holt
- Project Linus
- Shutting Down the Homeschool Fight (Before it Even Starts) | Kara Anderson, Simple Homeschool
- Social Media Overwhelm and Sensitive Souls (Or, The Healing Power of Crunching Pinecones) | Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Teaching from Rest: A Homeschooler’s Guide to Unshakable Peace by Sarah McKenzie
- Teach Your Own by John Holt
- The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease
- The Worst Reason to Homeschool | Jamie C. Martin, Simple Homeschool
- You are Your Child’s First Teacher by
- You’re Not Homeschooling for Likes | Kara S. Anderson
NOW, IT’S YOUR TURN. TELL US: WHAT IS YOUR favorite response to homeschool doubters? Share here!
MAKE SURE YOU DON’T MISS AN EPISODE
Here are several ways that you can tune in to see what Cait and Kara are up to:
We would love if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR TOPIC YOU’D LOVE TO HEAR CAIT AND KARA TALK ABOUT?
If so, send us a message or leave a comment. We love to hear from you!