This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure statement for more information.
The Homeschool Sisters Podcast #7:
Fall Haul: Homeschool resources we’re loving
It’s a bonus episode!
The sisters have been getting lots of questions about planning for the fall. In this episode, Cait and Kara share all of the resources that they are excited about using in the upcoming year. And, with five children and an age range of 5-12 between them, you’re not going to want to miss what they have to say!
Listen to the podcast:
- Beast Academy
- Bedtime Math
- Khan Academy
- Let’s Play Math
- Life of Fred (series)
- Math picture books
- Murderous Maths
- Right Start Math
- Simply Charlotte Mason: Your Business Math (series)
- Singapore Math
- Brave Writer:
- Daily Grams
- Family Book Club at My Little Poppies
- From the mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
- Shakespeare resources:
- Meade K-2 Composition Notebooks
- Michael Clay Thompson’s Grammar Island
- Picture books mentioned:
- Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- Around America to Win the Vote: Two Suffragists, a Kitten, and 10,000 Miles by Mara Rockliff
- SKYBRARY by Reading Rainbow
- Your Morning Basket (Ed Snapshots) 14 Add Freewriting Fun: A Conversation with Julie Bogart
History & Geography
- Around the World Stories
- Give Your Child the World: Raising Globally Minded Kids One Book at a Time by Jamie C. Martin
- History Unboxed
- Read The World Summer Book Club ~ Simple Homeschool
- Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding: A Science Curriculum for K-8 and Older Beginning Science Learners by Bernard J. Nebel
- Exploring Nature with Children
- Groovy Lab in a Box
- Solar S’mores Oven ~ Wellermamablog
- The Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock
- Artist notebooks
- Chalk Pastel ebooks ~ Tricia Hodges, Southern Hodgepodge
- Doodle Diaries ~ Caitlin Fitzpatrick Curley, My Little Poppies
- Mixing With the Masters (Volume 1), Alisha Gratehouse
- Simply Charlotte Mason picture studies
- Studying The Masters Course for Kids ~ Alicia Hutchinson, Investing Love
Other links from this episode
- Amongst Lovely Things Curriculum Picks 2016 (Sarah McKenzie’s FB Live)
- Bedtime Math (sign-up online for daily e-mails)
- Big Fat Notebooks (series)
- Coffee and Books (Cait’s Instagram)
- Doing Good Together
- Duo Lingo
- Homeschool Bullet Journaling (FREE Guide) ~ Kara S. Anderson
How I’m Using Spiral Notebooks to Simplify Homeschooling ~ Amongst Lovely Things
- My big picture planning page (and how I use my bullet journal for homeschool planning) ~ Kara S. Anderson, The Homeschool Sisters
- The Homeschooling Handbook for Moms: How to Teach by Example (Do-It-Yourself Homeschooling Activity Books, Doodle Books, Handbooks, Journals & Planners for Moms) by Sarah Janisse Brown
- The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money by Ron Lieber
Now, we have two questions for you!
First, what is your favorite educational app?
Second, what is your favorite homeschool resource? Share in the comments!
Make sure you don’t miss an episode
Here are several ways that you can tune in to see what Cait and Kara are up to:
We would love if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Do you have a question or topic you’d love to hear Cait and Kara talk about?
If so, send us a message or leave a comment. We love to hear from you!